Friday, September 02, 2005

Tip #18 - Take Time To Eat Your Food

As I have always said, sometimes it is not what you eat, but how much you eat. Often times, you will eat more than your body needs before your stomach has time to figure out that it is full. The best way to avoid this is enjoy the food you eat. Take time in consuming meals. This way you will eat less because your stomach will feel full before you consume too much. A trick I like to use to help me eat slower is to chew my food 25 times before taking another bite. Another option is put down your fork and knife after each bite. Talking during a meal is also a great way to slow down your eating. There are many ways to stretch out a meal. I understand it is sometimes hard with busy schedules, but the longer you take to eat a meal, the less food it will take to make you full. And consequently the less food you will eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home