Friday, August 19, 2005

Tip #7 - Get A Pedometer

The easiest way to get the needed exercise is to invest in a pedometer. A pedometer is a tiny gadget that you wear on your belt to track the number of steps you take per day. This is a device that costs no more than 20 dollars and it can be the most useful piece of exercise equipment you will ever buy. Studies show that walking 10,000 steps everyday will help you lose 1-2 pounds a week (of course, along with a healthy diet). I started using a pedometer as an exercise monitor and that way I knew how much extra physical activity I needed a day (to hear more about my pedometer stories follow the My Teenage Weight Loss link to the right). Buy a pedometer, they are cheap and it is a great way to get you on the right track to more exercise with less effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home