Monday, August 08, 2005

Tip #1 - Lose Weight Because It Is Something YOU Want To Do

For my first tip, I think I must share what I feel is the trick to losing weight. The key to weight loss is to try and lose the weight for no other reason than because you want to. Don't try to shed the pounds because your doctor says you need to, or because your parents or friends are pressuring you. That is not to say don't let these things contribute to you deciding it is time to lose weight, but do it for the stupid reasons: you want to fit into a smaller size pant, or because you want to gain more self-confidence, or because you really want to be able to run a 5k race. All these reasons to lose weight are great, they are things that you want to do for yourself. I am just saying that in order to lose weight, you yourself must want to lose it.

I looked in the mirror and said "Aaron it is time to lose weight, you CAN be smart and good looking at the same time." I had that goal in my head from the beginning. This is not to say I was not pushed to create that goal by some of the factors like family pressure, but in the end, I wanted to lose weight for myself. I wanted to fit in the smaller pants, I wanted to look good, and I wanted to run (and beat my dad) in a 5k race. I think that is why I had so much success and was able to lose 75 lbs and achieve most of my goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home